Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Amazing!!!

Well I just got back from a trip to Florida with the family for a week. It was nice to get away for a few days and enjoy some time watching my little girls eyes light up every time she saw one of her favorite Disney characters. Plus it was a lot warmer than what we have here in Missouri now.

Also, while in Orlando I got the chance to head over to the PGA Merchandise show to check out the newest golf toys for 2008. This place was huge, there were over 1200 exhibitors at the show. You can not imagine all the new items I saw. For example, one of the craziest things I saw was the new product from Big Daddy golf. It is driver with an extra big head, however instead of hitting the ball with the club you open the head up and it turns into a weed eater. There are many crazy things like that, but also the club manufactures have their latest things out as well. Callaway and Nickent companies were showcasing the screw on head clubs. You find the right shaft for you then just screw the head on that shaft and away you go. However they are not cheap, the Callaway drivers MSRP is around $850. I guess the wave of the future is the interchangeable shafts. Before long I guess we will have two or three shafts in our bags and some club heads and just screw the head on the shaft you like best for that shot. It is getting pretty amazing with what manufactures are coming out with. The show was great for me and I saw some great things we can use for years to come.

Now that we are back, it is time to get ready for the 08 season. Before long it will be upon us. Make sure to mark your calendars for February 12th and 13th for the Educational Seminar. Information for this is on the web site. http://www.mogolf.org/

Stay warm and I look forward to seeing you all soon on the first tee.

Scott

No comments: