Thursday, April 5, 2007

Getting Ready!

Kelly Plays Final Practice Round at Masters
Senior tees off Thursday at 7:44 a.m.

by Kyle CoburnMUTigers.com Photographer

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Mizzou senior John Kelly (St. Louis, Mo./CBC) completed his third and final practice round today at Augusta National Golf Club. Starting his day at at 8:30 a.m., Kelly and his caddie, friend Barr Blanton, walked the back nine before taking a break for lunch and and a nap before the par-3 contest.
Kelly enjoyed the par-3 contest he competed in Wednesday afternoon, paired along with Davis Love III and 2006 Ryder Cup team member Vaughn Taylor. The Tiger senior finished the contest 1-over.

Kelly is grouped with Love, a two-time Masters runner-up, and Ben Crenshaw, a two-time Masters champion, for Thursday's and Friday's rounds. "Playing with Davis and Crenshaw tomorrow is going to be a thrill of a lifetime. I just have to stay in the moment," said Kelly.

"It's going to be the start of the biggest stretch in my life thus far and if I can just keep my emotions in check, I think I am going to be ok. That is going to be the hardest thing, I am sure I am going to be extremely nervous. But I'll just try to maintain my composure, and put my best foot forward," said Kelly.


Kelly will tee off at 7:44 a.m. (CT) on Thursday and 10:51 a.m. (CT) on Friday. The Masters will be televised on USA for the first two rounds, and then CBS on the weekend.

"Whatever happens, happens. It's going to be an unbelievable experience, and I am looking forward to tomorrow."

No comments: