Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Final Destination


After wrapping up another successful championship and making sure that we were done in time for ballroom dancing night at KCCC, it was off to Cape Girardeau and the wonderful Dalhousie Golf Club for the end of the year Cup Matches. The top players from the East side of the state compete against the top players from the West side of the state. With the West side winning the event last year at Porto Cima the East was out for a little revenge. The players were treated to some wonderful weather and some fantastic food along with a golf course that was in unbelievable condition. Each time I visit Dalhousie I leave there loving it more. The East came out on top this year with winning 15 and a half points to the 12 and a half by the West squad. A lot of great golf was played by both sides.

So, Sunday afternoon after the Cup Matches came to an end I hopped back in the car and headed down the road again, however this time I got to head home and a chance to get a good nights sleep in my own bed. Yes it might have been a lot of miles driven, (over 1,200) and many nights away from home (12 to be exact) I would have not changed it for anything. What a lucky guy I am to get to visit such wonderful golf courses and be around such great people.

I am the LUCKY ONE!!

Until I see you on the first tee

Scott

No comments: