Wednesday, October 10, 2007

West Prevails

This past weekend the West prevailed over the East in the Annual Hieronymus Cup Matches held the Club at Porto Cima. This was my first time to compete in the event and it was a blast! Kirk Farmer and I held off Bobby Godwin and Matt Hines Saturday morning in our Four Ball Match. In the afternoon I teamed up with Wayne Fredrick and we defeated the team of Skip Berkmeyer and Jim Holtgrieve. It was great to play with Holtgrieve who has played in Walker Cup Matches, The Masters and won the USGA Mid Amateur Championship. I learned a lot by watching how he went about his business on each shot. Sunday I lost to Darren Lundgren in my singles match, I had him down early in the match and then gave him two gifts on holes 8 and 9 and could not get the momentum back on my side. It was a good match and we had a great time. To view all the match results go to our web site at http://www.mogolf.org/ and click on Cup Results. It is great to get the cup back on the West side of the state.

Next year the Matches will be held at the wonderful Dalhousie Golf Club.

Until I see you on the first tee

Scott

No comments: