Monday, August 20, 2007

Four-Ball Time

The staff and I are heading to Dalhouise Golf Club in Cape Girardeau for the Four-Ball Championship, I am going to give you guys a daily update on what we are doing and what we really do each day for a Championship. I get that question a lot, people always want to know what we do each day. Today is Thursday and we are heading down to meet with the General manager, Head Pro and Superintendent to go over the golf course and see if there are any issues before we get working. After the tour of the course, we will then begin marking hole locations for both days of the Championship. We also mark which tee boxes that we will use each round. If time permits today we will also mark hazards and Out of Bounds. If not then we will get that done first thing in the morning before the practice round starts.

I hope you enjoy reading what it is like to set up and run a Championship event.

Until I see you on the first tee.

Scott

No comments: